Women’s Health Physiotherapy
What does a women's health physiotherapist do?
These therapists understand the effects childbirth and menopause have on women. They use their expert knowledge of “women” to treat various complaints and conditions.
We frequently treat:
• Pregnancy related pain and/ or dysfunction (pre- and post-natal)
• Abdominal separation (rectus diastasis)
• Pelvic floor strengthening
• Caesarean or perineal scar management
• Pelvic girdle pain/ “pelvic instability”
• Urinary/ faecal incontinence (leakage)
• Pelvic organ prolapse
• Pelvic pain (including pain with intercourse, and pelvic examinations)
• Overactive bladder: Nocturia (excessive night time urination)
• Urinary urgency